Once again this year and after months of preparation by the entire team, we were a proud exhibitor at The International Surface Event (TISE) in Las Vegas.
TISE is the largest North American flooring trade show, encompassing the entire floor covering industry and bringing together suppliers and purchasers from around the world to share about the latest floor covering products, tools, trends, services and technologies.
This year’s edition was no exception and the mood at the show was upbeat; it seemed busier than ever. Official attendance figures haven’t been released yet, but experience shows that 10,000 + attendees from everywhere around the globe come to market at TISE annually to explore over 800 exhibiting brands’ offerings.
Traffic at the Lauzon Flooring booth was right on pace with the rest of the show—i.e. crowded! In addition to traffic quantity, we were highly pleased with the quality of attendees we got to meet at TISE. The turnout exceeded all of our expectations.
The Lauzon Enchanted Forest
Building on the previous success of our Enchanted Forest themed booth, we went ahead and refurbished it with our brand new hardwood flooring for the 2018 edition of TISE. The Enchanted Forest theme brings together Lauzon’s three core pillars—Forest, Quality and Innovation—and was yet another huge hit.
As a company, it was crucial for us to put the forest front stage at our booth, as it’s our most valuable asset. It’s where it all begins and our greatest source of pride. I think our set-up captured the very essence of that spirit as we received a fabulous amount of compliments on the beauty and uniqueness of our booth over the last three years. People just couldn’t resist stepping inside to discover which hardwood floorings were behind our multidimensional trees.
Controlling its entire manufacturing process from forest to floor makes Lauzon a truly unique and reliable hardwood flooring manufacturer. In addition, we definitely gain a competitive edge by offering a wide range of eco-friendly, zero-VOC, CARB-compliant, LEED-friendly, made-in-Canada hardwood floors that are in phase with sustainability trends sought after by consumers, designers, architects and builders alike.
Trendy hardwood flooring selection
Whether they were intrigued by the forest, trees or digital technology displayed in our booth, visitors got to explore the full range of stylish yet exclusive looks and textures in our carefully curated hardwood flooring product offering. Guests also had the opportunity to discover our complete new and exciting wood floor product line.
– Light tone wood flooring –
Visitors strolled through the booth to check out our unique light tone wood flooring (from left to right in the picture):
– Bianco: true white unique Hard Maple hardwood floor from our Hamptons Series, infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Persia: a magnificent light-creamy hickory flooring with character from our Émira Series,infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Chelsea Cream: a soft light and creamy 7.5″-wide trendy Wire Brushed White Oak hardwood floor from our Urban Loft Series.
– Yorkshire – NEW!: a new ¾”-thick and 6 ¼”-wide warm taupe wood floor from our Estate Series, which features our unique Wire Brushed and Hand Scraped texture, and infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Textures –
Visitors were able to feel all four textures on our natural texture tree (from top to bottom in the picture).
– Smooth: a silky texture created with a very delicate sanding, boasting a classic allure that highlights the wood grain.
Hardwood floor: Natural Hard Maple in Squared Edge, which elevates wood floor joinery to new heights of uniformity and alignment.
– Hand Scraped: a meticulously handcrafted texture of refined age.
Hardwood floor: Honey Moon, Hickory, Homestead Series
– Wire Brushed: a texture created through a delicate steel brushing process, which gives wood a subtle, warm, scuffed effect.
Hardwood floor: Exposed Oak, White Oak, Urban Loft Series
– Wire Brushed and Hand Scraped – NEW!: the best of all possible worlds in terms of texture! Our artisans carefully handcraft each board, imparting a texture of refined age combined with a delicate steel brushing that gives the wood a subtle and warm, scuffed effect.
Hardwood floor: Natural, White Oak, Estate Series
For more information on our complete selection of textures, see our “Top 5 Hardwood Floor Textures” blog post.
– Natural to dark brown wood flooring –
One of our booth’s great features was the rotating trees that revealed our trendy natural-to-dark-brown hardwood floors, as well as our beautiful range of gray hardwood floors on another side.
Starting with our most popular natural to dark brown floors (right to left in the picture).
– Drama: a stunning true Black, Red Oak Wire Brushed hardwood floor with our Pure Genius technology from our Authentik Series.
– Rustica: from our Organik Series, this striking brown hardwood floor reveals beautiful grain, texture and mineral streaks of Hard Maple as never before. It is infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Palomino: a shaded Yellow Birch wood floor which sets light colors into play so beautifully. From our unique Mémoire Series and infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Cerralvo: a White Oak wood floor from our Reserva Series that boasts a unique roasted look achieved with precise thermal processing techniques that create an exotic caramelized effect, infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Natural White Oak Quarter Sawn: a top designer pick from our Hamptons Series, featuring fine, slightly more accentuated and curved lines as well as a flecked look, infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Trendy gray hardwood floors –
Next comes our trendy gray floors (from left to right in the picture).
– Curioso – NEW!: beautiful medium gray Wire Brushed Red Oak hardwood floor from our Authentik Series, infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Cité: a dark brown, 7.5″- wide trendy Wire Brushed hardwood floor in White Oak from our Urban Loft Series.
– Minera: a gray hardwood floor from our Organik Series, featuring our Pure Genius technology and showcasing Hard Maple like never before.
– Travertine: unique Hard Maple wood floor that features an exclusive look inspired by the natural linear patterns found in mineral stratification, infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology, from our Line Art Series.
– Esperanza – NEW!: beautiful light gray Wire Brushed Red Oak hardwood floor from our Authentik Series, infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Other new hardwood flooring –
Attendees also had the opportunity to discover our selection of NEW hardwood floors displayed in a rack on our new bigger panels (from top to bottom on the picture).
– Wyndham: a dark grayish-brown from our Estate Series, which features our unique Wire Brushed and Hand Scraped texture, infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– New Castle: a soft dark brown from our Estate Series, which features our unique Wire Brushed and Hand Scraped texture, infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Faktory: a Wire Brushed, dirty-blonde White Oak flooring with true character, from our Urban Loft Series.
– Alcove: a beachy-blonde, Wire Brushed White Oak floor with unique soft character, from our Urban Loft Series.
– Moorland: a light cream from our Estate Series, which features our unique Wire Brushed and Hand Scraped texture, infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Stonehenge: a soft Taupe, White Oak wood floor from our Estate Series, which features our unique Wire Brushed and Hand Scraped texture, infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Park Avenue: a trendy 7.5″-wide Wire Brushed Taupe hardwood floor in White Oak from our Urban Loft Series.
– Tormenta: a beautiful dark gray Wire Brushed Red Oak hardwood floor from our Authentik Series, infused with our air-purifying Pure Genius technology.
– Featured Hardwood Floor –
For the launch of our Estate Series, we opted to showcase our beautiful Celtik as our booth’s main hardwood floor attraction. This dazzling gray Wire Brushed and Hand Scraped wide-plank hardwood floor revealed to be the perfect choice! According to visitors, with its mix of bold and big 6 ¼” x 37 5/16” Herringbone planks and standard multi-length long planks, mostly 75” in length, this was another of our booth’s highlights.
The new Estate Series adds a bold and elegant statement to your décor. It features a combination of Wire Brushed and Hand Scraped textures and an array of soft, rich and refined hues ranging from greige to warm-taupe to bistre to dark rich browns. This new White Oak Series brings the essence and warmth of old English chic into your home.
It’s also worth mentioning that the Estate Series is infused with our Pure Genius® air-purifying smart technology, a first-of-its-kind innovation in hardwood flooring that makes homes healthier. This technology brings your hardwood floors and well-being to a brand new level, improving indoor air quality by up to 85% and eradicating up to 99.6% of bacteria, viruses and mold.
Dealer’s Choice Award
We enrolled in Floor Covering Weekly’s Dealers’ Choice Award once again this year, with the new Celtik hardwood floor from our Estate Series, which was featured in our booth in a beautiful mix of Herringbone and straight patterns.
Pure Genius: Our Air-Purifying Smart Floor
Back at the booth, once visitors learned more about our environmentally-friendly products and cutting-edge designs, they were invited to discover the world’s latest hardwood floor innovation—the air-purifying smart floor we call Pure Genius.
Pure Genius is a revolutionary technology that transforms your hardwood floor into an air purifier, using natural or artificial light. It can make your indoor air up to 85% cleaner and eliminate up to 99.6% of bacteria and viruses.
It’s the perfect hardwood floor for families, asthma sufferers and anyone concerned about the VOCs we bring into our homes every day.
Pure Genius is based on a light-activated, air-purifying agent made of titanium dioxide, which is integrated into Lauzon’s Titanium floor finish. The light-activated titanium dioxide molecules transform the blue VOC solution molecules into harmless H2O and CO2, making the blue solution disappear.
Fun Digital Attractions
Innovation is everywhere at Lauzon, from our wood floors to our use of digital technology. Just take a look at the DecoZone section of our website as an example.
To liven things up, visitors had the opportunity to share their experience on social media, thus attracting even more people to the booth. Once again this year, we decided to include a social wall that showed live pictures of the event, tagged as #lauzonevent (on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), as well as pictures from the Lauzon TISE Photo Booth.
That’s right: once again, we were the proud sponsor of the TISE Photo Booth, where attendees could goof around having their photo taken, get a picture strip like in the good old days, and share them on social media.
The Dish – 3D Reality Design Hub
New in 2018! TISE has partnered with the world-renowned design firm, Scarlet Opus, and an innovative tech design company, Housetipster, to present a virtual 360-degree design space packed with trends, products and high-design rooms.
Attendees were able to take virtual 360-degree tours via large touch screens and virtual reality goggles to fully experience each design space, as if they actually were in the room. Each surface (flooring, countertops, backsplashes, carpets and rugs, wall installations, and more) instilled into the virtual 360-degree design spaces could be switched on demand by attendees from within.
We were really excited to be featured in this new 360-degree virtual space that allowed attendees to experience our hardwood floors in such an amazing new way!
Nine Lauzon hardwood floors were digitally encoded into the virtual 360-degree design spaces—Natural & Wyndham from our new Estate Series, Chelsea Cream from our Urban Loft Series, our new Esperanza from our Authentik Series, Rustica, Minera & Sombra from our Organik Series, Persia from our Émira Series, and Bianco from our Hamptons Series. Attendees then got to see all of these wood floors in real life at our booth and compare both experiences.
Interview With Christopher Grubb
Our Director of Sales David Jr Lauzon had the privilege to be interviewed by the influential designer and trendsetter Christopher Grubb.
His design firm, Beverly Hills-based Arch-Interiors Design Group, Inc., is internationally recognized for its creative and unique work on residential, commercial, retail and hospitality projects, as well as in high-end medical design.
As Grubb was one of the speakers at the conference on Health & Wellness Design, he was a natural fit for our Pure Genius air-purifying smart floor. David Jr had the opportunity to tell him all about the Lauzon story, from Forest to floor.
Click here to read their full article about the interview.
Getting together With Great People
Another great thing about TISE is the opportunity to reconnect with great people we don’t get to see as often as we’d like, including our distributors, many of our retailers and suppliers, people from trade magazines and industry associations.
Our Director of Sales David Jr Lauzon was jubilant about the outcome of the show. “We were all thrilled to see the attendance at the Lauzon booth at TISE 2018 and we truly appreciate everyone who took the time to come by and visit us. We decided to bring new patterns to the show this year and were extremely happy with how our retailers, distributors, builders and designers reacted to our New Estates Oversized Herringbone floor. Consumers have reached a new level of concern for eco-friendly products, which makes the Lauzon brand and products stand out like never before. Our Pure Genius smart floor received once again a very warm welcome and continues to astonish visitors who want to learn more about it.“
Finally, I would like to end this blog post by saying that, once again, the teamwork behind this successful event perfectly set the stage for a successful 2018. I wish you all the best for this new year!
Come back soon for all the details on the latest hardwood flooring trends!
Curious to learn more about our past appearances at TISE? Click here to learn all about the 2017 and 2016 editions.